A new month, a new post and a old topic. It's back to the Stop 0x124 once again, and this time I'm going to explain the !whea extension, which outputs the high level structure of the WHEA architecture. You'll need at least a Kernel Memory dump to use this extension. Take into account the current error record address for the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure, and the error source notified. We can actucally view the data structure with the dt nt!_(name) command, I've added the -r switch to dump all the substructures too; here is a partial output: Here is the !whea output. I've highlighted the address of the current WHEA_ERROR_RECORD present in our dump file, as the main error record for the crash. I've highlighted the source of the error, and the type of hardware platform which the error record falls under. We can see that one error has caused a bugcheck, and the rest are corrected errors. The rest of the !whea output is below: Let's explain what each of these fi...
Comments
Post a Comment